Saturday, May 11, 2013

Will You Be The Greatest That Never Was?


I was watching a show on ESPN called the “Greatest that Never Was”, which detailed the lives of former early career greats, who ended up not fulfilling the very thing they were created to be.  I showed how each of them had great dreams, high expectations, and remarkable talent, yet because of a bad decision, they failed to live up to any of those realities.

Made me stop and ponder; “Am I living up to my expectations the LORD has for me? Did he not give me remarkable talent, and visions doing great things in Him?  Then why haven’t those things come to pass?  Am I to busy focusing on my wants and desires when I should be focused on what He wants and desires for my life?”

“All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God's paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the sins of us all.” – Isaiah 53:6. This is known as the anticipated confession of men, and the very cause for which Jesus, the Messiah, suffered.  This has been the way of man ever since the fall.  Each one pursues his own interest, makes his own plans, and seeks to gratify his own selfishness, regardless of what God desires. 

Challenge yourself to seek His will for your life.  Resist your own desires, and ask God to show you His desires for your life.  After all He loved you so much He sent His only Son to die, so you could fully live in Him.  

Today give yourself away to HIM, so He can use you!  Or will you be the greatest that never was?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5rrrGYt5EY 

No comments:

Post a Comment