Thursday, May 16, 2013

How Closely Are You Seeking God?


Many of you know I have a Great Dane, Kong.  I picked up Kong when he was 5 weeks old.  He is very big and intimidating, but sweet and kind.

Everywhere I go he looks for me to follow me.  When I stand up, he stands up.  When I sit down, he sits.  He is well trained and listens to me.  He only wants to make me happy.

I began to notice he would always want to be very close to me, beside me, and or sitting on me.  Sometimes I accidently step on him when I turn around, because he is trying so hard to be next to me at all times, shadowing my every move and waiting patiently for the next move I make.

This is how God wants us to be with Him.  Always seeking Him. Always following Him.  Always trying to be close to Him.  When He moves, we should move.  When He sits, we should sit.  When he gives direction, we should do it without question.

“You shall find Me when you seek Me with your whole heart.”  Are we looking for God so we can follow His every move?  Are we always trying to be close to Him? When He gives direction, do we follow?  Can we even recognize His voice?

How closely are you seeking God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment