Thursday, December 6, 2012

How far should we Love?

Earlier this week, someone very dear to me stopped eating.  They became lethargic, slow, and non-responsive.  One who has always been there for and with me, suddenly seemed to be slipping away.  So I asked the LORD, what to do and He said, "Pray for them."  I said, "Really?"  And He said,, "Yes."  So I looked for Scripture to back this up.  (For we should know we must stand on the Word, right?)  I began to pray for them according to how I felt about them and how the Word told me to care for them.  The very next day, after nearly three full days of not eating, they began to eat, and within six hours they were almost back to normal.   This is significant for one I can't see myself without them, and two I love them so very dearly.

Now I know what you are thinking, "Brian we are to do this for the ones we love anyway!"  And you are correct, and will get no argument out of me on this point.  However, the one I was praying for was Kong, my Great Dane.  Yes, I prayed for an animal.  But look at what the bible teaches us in Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man regards the life of his beast, but the wicked are always cruel."  If I can't show the same mercy and love towards my animals, am I really walking in the ways of God?  On the flip side of this, since I stand so vehemently on the Word, why can't I expect the same God who made all things and loves all things, not to grant my petition according to His will as the Bible teaches us also?

The moral to the story: How strongly do you stand on HIS WORD?

No comments:

Post a Comment