Friday, December 14, 2012

16,071


Yesterday, the LORD honored me to see another birthday come and pass.  Most people fret or shun away from their earthly time markings, but for me it afforded me opportunity to once again reflect.

I did not reflect so much upon past mistakes.  I did not ponder key wins or losses.  I did not take time to place blame for where I am now, nor did I seek to give credit to myself for where I am currently.  Accomplishments.  Didn’t matter.  Failures.  Didn’t matter.  Standing out to me most importantly was a number, 16,071. 

Moses once said, “o teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”  Psalm 90:12.  Through the ups, and the downs, through the storms and the rain, the heartache and the pain, from the mountain-top experiences, to the valley lows, in all His appointed times He planned for me, little did I know He was teaching me to number my days. 

Now as I enter into the next phase of my life, I pray LORD, apply my heart to more wisdom and understanding, for “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.” Proverbs 4:7

Today I challenge you not to wait until your birthday, but start today to number your days, and seek after, reach for and obtain the wisdom of GOD, in every situation in your life.  And be careful to give the LORD honor and praise for He ordained your steps just as they happened to bring you to this expected time and place.  Psalm 37:24 He loves you like no one else can or ever will!

16,072, HERE I COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment