Sunday, March 17, 2013

Personal T.O.R.I.


Today at service we honored our T.O.R.I. graduates.  T.O.R.I. is our churches Texas Offenders, Re-Entry Initiative.  We spend many resources, from people to monetary, to help Ex-Offenders re-enter society.  Their recidivism rate is one of the lowest amongst its graduates.  It’s a program, with a ton of care, love, and support, which really make a difference in the lives of ex-offenders.

While at service today, The LORD began to minister to me.  He began to show me how He had given me my very own and personal T.O.R.I. in a way.  You see we are ALL offenders in some fashion or another.  The bible says, “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23.  And we need a “T.O.R.I” of sorts to make our way back to Him.

He gave us this “T.O.R.I.” way back on Calvary.  Jesus gave us all the care, love, and support we would ever need!  There His will was set aside, and The Father’s will was made to rise.  From the depths of the grave, to riding on a cloud in the sky, His name was lifted up on high!

There is no greater name than the name of Jesus.  And if you are feeling, out of place, scattered, hurt, pained, or in any way needing to get back up and get back in line, just ask Him to be your personal “T.O.R.I” program.  And He will do for you just as He has done for countless others, when He shed His blood for you and me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment