Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Focal Point


While at the gym this morning I decided to push farther and after my normal back and bicep workout, to do an extra 20 minutes on the Elliptical machine.  Now realize the day prior was my cardio day, so in this regards, I could say these muscles were tired.

As I pressed into the program, I found myself getting tired and ready to give up. I had thoughts of giving up and saying, “I have done enough”. Then a man comes walking into the club. He caught my attention because he had a limp.  The limp came from his prosthetic leg, which attached above the knee, and he moved with a noticeable dip and limp as he meandered across the gym.  He slowly climbed onto one of the machines and began to do his cardio workout. 

As I looked at him I focused on his mechanical knee, which pivoted in perfect motion.  He pushed onward and faster and I watched with great intent. The more I focused on his knee, the more I pushed in my own workout. I stopped watching all the other people in the gym and concentrated on the precise, and pinpoint pivot of his knee.

Then God spoke to me, and reminded, if you will focus on Me, and make me your focal point, I will give you the drive to accomplish the things I have set you out to do. Just then my I-pod changed songs, to Walter Hawkins’ “Thank You, LORD”.  I completed my workout far above where I had planned to finish and more than accomplished my goal.

Moral: Rather than be distracted by all the comings and goings of people, focus on Christ and accomplish that thing which He has called you to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment