Thursday, August 23, 2012

What's pushing you?

Today as I was walking into the office, a lady and I started to talk.  I knew right away that it was not a normal encounter.  As we walked from the parking lot into the building, she began to ask me a few questions about faith.  I could tell she was hurting and needing a Word, not from me, but from the Balm in Gilead!
I first asked God to give to me what HE wanted me to say.  Next thing I knew, I was talking to her about the seven Dispensations of the bible, and how we are not living in the Dispensation of Grace.  How it was made possible by Jesus’ death burial and resurrection on the cross.  And how that now made us FREE from all guilty shame, condemnation, and fear.  I normally take the stairs but something told me to bypass them today.  As we entered the elevator she was fixed on my every word.  Others joined us in the elevator and began to ask questions too.  Before I knew it I was the only one who had pushed the button to go to my floor.  We had actually passed their floors too. 
I am going to do a bible study with them in the lobby one day and I now have new people to personally pray for during my prayer time.
Why do I tell you this?  Proverbs  22:17-21 says, "Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, And apply your heart to my knowledge; For it is a pleasant thing if you keep them within you; Let them be fitted within thy lips, So that your trust may be in the LORD.  Have I not instructed you today, even you.  Have I not written to you excellent things of counsels and knowledge that I may make you know the certainty of the words of truth, that you may answer words of truth to those who send unto you?"
This verse has been a favorite of mine for about a year now.  It pushes me daily to prepare study, learn, and gather knowledge from the things God has and is showing me daily.
What is pushing you?  What do you look to, that governs your life and daily steps?  Are you truly about our Father’s business?  We all fall short sometimes, but the key is to get back up and get back on track again!  You can do it, with HIS help!
 Thank YOU , LORD, for instructing me, teaching me, and healing me so much this past year.  Now continue to push me to be what YOU have called me to be.  And I will continue to give You the praise and present my body a Living Sacrifice unto YOU.
What’s pushing you?

No comments:

Post a Comment