Saturday, April 12, 2014

Do you Believe on God or Believe God?

While traveling to Atlanta, there was a medical emergency on the plane. As the flight crew scrambled to assist the man who's blood pressure had fallen placing him nearly unconscious, I sat in my seat wondering, " How can I help?"

Immediately the enemy attacked me. Reminding me of how I loved medicine and how I failed to peruse a medical career. He told me if the many opportunities I've waisted not getting the life saving certifications such as CPR classes, which may or may not have helped here. He reminded me how this is not the first time I've nit been prepared to help and tried to tell me it wouldn't be the last either.

Before the incident I had begun working on a message about Believing on God or Believing God.  We often believe there is a God, but when it comes to believing God to do what He said He would do, we often fall very short. Do we truly have faith in the life we live? Makes me wonder, are we trying to save God from looking bad or ourselves from looking bad?

I was reminded of the Apostle Peter's words to the beggar outside of the temple,  "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." (Acts 3:6 KJV). I did not have the medical training. I had not taken the courses. I had failed in times past.  But God said "Give him what you do have!" ME!"

I began to pray and was immediately swept up in the Holy Spirit. I could then hear others praying also.  I'm not sure what all happened. I can tell you this, the mans blood pressure immediately returned to normal. He look cohesive and was smiling once again. Disaster adverted.

Upon landing their was a medical crew awaiting him. They checked him out and told him he was in good shape and should enjoy his trip. My take away here? It's time for us to believe God. His Word tells us we are over comers, more than conquerors, and able to do anything through Him! Yes we believe in God, but it's time we Believed God, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment