Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Dead Batteries

I have an expensive watch.  It keeps time, tells the date, is water proof to three atmospheres.   I get compliments on it all the time.  However I seldom where it.  It’s one of those watches you need to mess with every so often to keep it running.

This morning I went to wear this watch, but it would not work.  After messing with it a few times I decided the battery must be dead.  All this expensive mechanism, precise orchestration of moving parts, and interacting ability, all stopped because of a lack of power.

Our lives are often the same way.  Our power source is Christ and His Word.  But when is the last time you were really connected to Him?  When is the last time you allowed Him to move you, “mess” with you by eliminating your will and allowing His will to be done?  Or do we continue to get farther away from our Source, thinking we will run forever, not knowing the entire time we loosing power, and ultimately dying?

Today I challenge you to reconnect to your Source.  If you are tired and worn out in any area of your life, pray this prayer with me:  LORD, I am without power, and failing miserably.  You created me to have meticulous movement, ultimate ability, and great achievement, but without Your power I have been rendered ineffective in all  I try to do.  Today I purposely reconnect back to You.  I acknowledge You as my Source and Strength.  I will reconnect with you through Your Word, through Prayer, and yes through my sacrificial giving of my tithes and offering, so I may be obedient unto Your Word.  I thank You for Your love and forgiveness and always accepting me, Your child, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Now go read John 14:6 and follow Him

No comments:

Post a Comment