Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Why do you..?

I have been asked, "Why do you spend so much time studying?" "Why do you not watch more TV, or how can you not be up on the latest sporting news?"  My answer will often confuse some, and bewilder others.  But to me its quite simple.

I use to give myself wholeheartedly to drinking, smoking cigars, and just making Brian happy.  But then something happened.  It wasn't just the situations, although they helped push me in the direction He was sending me. It wasn't just the loneliness, but I've realized I was lonely even when I was out with friends.  It wasn't just the lack, because I was lacking every true sustaining Word of life God had for me.  It was God who use all these things and more to get my attention, or really it took all these things to get my attention because I was just quite simply that hard-headed.

But then He touched me, and Oh the joy, that floods my soul.  For something happened.  What is it you ask?  I moved from religion, to Relationship with the Father.  When you get one, you will find, nothing else matters too.

No comments:

Post a Comment