Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Show Them Your Wounds!


“And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts?  Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.” - Luke 24:38-39

Here we find Jesus coming to the disciples after He had risen again and made atonement for our sins.  A little background interesting got note here is, they were scared and feared greatly what was going to happen to them, and had locked themselves into a room.  I wonder how many of us are scared of something God has done in our lives and have locked ourselves behind the closed doors of shut down emotions, fear, and anxiety?  But this is not my focus today. 

The disciples were hurt and scared by the recent events in their lives, and opted to secluded themselves from “more potential pain” rather than trust in the Jesus who had told them many times, “Fear not for I am with thee”.  What “room” of seclusion have you locked yourself into, because of past hurts in your life?

The beauty of the Gospel is, in the problem, there is already the solution.  As the Disciples anchored down in their fear, Jesus came to them, and having compassion for them begins to ask them, “Why are you troubled?  And why do doubts arise in your hearts?” In other words, “Why do you fear your hurts and pains, not realizing I brought them about so I could get the glory out of your life?”  What hurts are keeping you from seeing the glorious work He wants to do in your life?

And then He displayed the ultimate showing of love and security.  He said, “Behold, My hands and My feet, that it is Myself.”  Imagine this, the God of the universe, is now showing  them “His wounds”.  He opened Himself up to His deepest pain, the agony of the Cross, in which He was separated from God and paid the full price for us on Calvary.  The place of His greatest pain was also the place of His greatest ministry. In the problem was the solution.


Today, I challenge us, to be more open with my pain and past hurts, trusting Jesus allowed them so He can get the ultimate glory out of them.  My desire is by revealing ourselves, openly as Jesus did, we will come to know Him as the True, Living, and Matchless Savior He is. He not only orchestrates our pains, but also has an ultimate plan to draw us infinitely closer to Him, if we will only trust in Him with ALL of our heart; Even through the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment