Friday, September 14, 2012

Many of you asked...Lets Face it


Micah 6:8 says, “He hath showed thee, O man what is good and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with thy God.”
Yesterday, I received more emails, texts, visits, and calls, with questions about the blog, “Let’s face it”, more than any other blog.  So I asked the LORD, why?  What was it about this blog that stirred hearts so vehemently, and how could I get more people to look deeper into their lives as He as taught me, to see His marvelous works and discover just how much He loves us?
He took me back to a scripture He gave me when I was lost, confused, and scared, but I was right where He wanted me to be.  While I spent much time with the LORD, He began to show me the various parts of my life and how He was right there with me, always.  I also asked Him, as many of us do when we are experiencing earthly battles, “LORD, why is this happening to me?” 

The book of Micah and the sixth chapter tell us of the case the LORD is bringing against Israel for their sins, disobedience and being led astray not because they didn’t know better, but because they were not disciplined to seek out the TRUTH, wanted to be like “everyone” else, a failed to keep His covenants and commandments.  That was me.  It’s not that I didn’t know better, but I wanted to be like “everybody” else, because I thought they had it so good, I disobeyed the LORD, for He has given me commandments, and covenants that I was aware of, but chose to ignore, and I was lazy and not disciplined in seeking out the truth in His Word. 
The questions in Micah 6:6,7 that God’s people posed showed just how far they had strayed from the true faith in the LORD.  This is the “Why is this happening to me?” For that question denotes an attitude as though for all you (that’s just so good) you deserve better than what you are getting.  This is pride and wherever pride entered in, falling was soon to follow. 
In response to God’s lawsuit against them, the people tried to decide what might win God’s favor.  They were so spiritually ignorant that they even proposed offering their children as human sacrifice.  They continued to offer their children to the Canaanite gods throughout the days of Jeremiah and Ezekiel.  What do you “sacrifice” that the LORD does not want?  For He says, “For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.”  Hosea 6:6.
In both the Old Testament and the New Testament, God desires men to have a genuine, heartfelt relationship with Him.  The underlying purpose of all the detailed observances required by the Mosaic Law is summed up in these brief statements of Hosea 6:6.  “Mercy” is translated from the Hebrew word, “chesed”, the closest Old Testament equivalent to the New Testament term “grace”.  It incorporates the two commandments which Jesus said were the most important: to love the LORD your God, and to love your neighbor as yourself (Deut 6:4-9, Matt 22:34-40).
What’s this all mean in relationship to the blog yesterday?  I went through my time of being away from the LORD.  I questioned everything in my life.  I ignored the commandments and covenants He had given to me.  But thank the LORD; He loved me enough to show me Himself.  He taught me to love Him, because He first loved me.  He is teaching me to love my neighbor as myself.  Am I perfect? NO WAY!  This is a process.  And if you will please be patient with me, I promise you the LORD will not disappoint you, in me nor in yourself.
Then why was my life on display for everyone to see?  It was because when the LORD wants to do a work and show forth His power, He is not going to do it, “in a corner.”  I share what has happened in me, for I want the entire world to see, who He is, and what He wants to do in each of our lives.  And if He will do it for me, He will do it for you! 
He is awaiting your total surrender; won’t you come to Him, now?  Go to church this weekend, yes, but start to ask Him right now to show you in your heart His true love for YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment